Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
When it comes to taking the little ones on a vacation, planning ahead is the key to a stress-free holiday.
If you’re thinking of visiting Legoland Johor with the kids, you’ll want to read this article. This Ultimate Guide to Visiting Legoland Johor will reveal everything you need to know before travelling to Legoland, so that you can have fun with the fam without worry when you reach the theme park.
Below is a breakdown of what this Legoland theme park guide will reveal.
- The Best Transport Options to Legoland
- Legoland Ticket Prices & Promotions
- How to Purchase Tickets to Legoland
- Must-Visit Legoland Attractions
- Accommodation Near Legoland
Let’s get started!
1. The Best Transport Options to Legoland
Legoland is located in Iskandar Puteri (formerly known as Nusajaya), to the west of Johor. It is close to the Port of Tanjung Pelepas and Gelang Patah. It usually takes 20 minutes to get there from Johor’s Senai International Airport and 55 minutes from Singapore’s Changi International Airport.
Check the insights below for more details about travelling to Legoland Johor.
a) Legoland GPS Coordinates
Degrees, Minutes, & Seconds: 1º 25’ 38″ N 103º 37’ 47″ E
Waze Link: https://ul.waze.com/ul?place=ChIJk0XkKAEL2jERBRX-h63MnQ4&ll=1.42751130%2C103.63124070&navigate=yes
b) Travelling by Car to Legoland Johor
If you enjoy road trips, then travelling to Legoland by car is the best option for you!
From Johor Bahru or the Sultan Iskandar CIQ Complex via the Coastal Highway:
- After Danga Bay, proceed straight via the Coastal Highway
- Proceed all the way to Iskandar Puteri
- You’ll see Legoland Malaysia Resort before reaching Kota Iskandar
From the North-South Highway or Senai Airport
- Take the Tuas, Iskandar Puteri, Pontian or Tanjung Pelepas EXIT 253
- Proceed to the Iskandar Puteri EXIT 312
- The Legoland Malaysia Resort signage will guide you to your destination
TIP: Preparing a playlist of songs for your entire family to enjoy will make your road trip even more enjoyable. You may also want to consider a spacious rental car for a comfortable worry-free journey with 24/7 roadside assistance.
c) Travelling by Bus or Coach to Legoland Johor
There are many buses and coaches travelling to Legoland Malaysia. Here are a few sites where you can purchase bus tickets to legoland online or get info about the local buses and coaches heading there:
2. Legoland Ticket Prices & Promotions
Wondering what the standard Legoland prices are? View above for the usual ticket prices for Legoland Malaysia.
However, don’t forget to check out the Legoland ticket deals and annual passes before you make your purchase.
Legoland Annual Pass
If you plan on visiting Legoland more than once in a year, the Legoland Annual Pass is right for you. It offers 12 months of unlimited access to Legoland along with exclusive discounts.
Tip: For those who hold a MyKad, we suggest getting the Legoland Annual Passes as they are the same price as the Day Tickets.
Legoland Ticket Promotions
For the latest Legoland ticket offers and promotions check out the sites below.
3. How to Purchase Tickets to Legoland
Want to get your hands on Legoland Water Park tickets or tickets for the entire theme park?
To purchase the Legoland Annual Passes, click here.
4. Must-Visit Legoland Attractions
Joker Soaker; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
Legoland Malaysia Resort is home to a wide range of fun theme park rides, attractions, and activities. The theme park consists of 8 Themed Areas — The Beginning, LEGO® Technic, LEGO® City, LEGO® Kingdoms, Miniland, Imagination, Land of Adventure, and LEGO® NINJAGO™ World.
8 Themed Areas
a) The Beginning
This is the start of your journey at Legoland Malaysia. At The Beginning, you’re welcomed with a range of Legoland stores to explore including The Big Shop, The Brick Shop, Mini Market, and The Cafe.
Tip: We recommend exploring these stores towards the end so you won’t need to carry your purchases while exploring the theme park.
b) LEGO® Technic
This area features action-packed rides and cool LEGO® workshops. It includes the below attractions.
- PLANET LEGOLAND®: An indoor attraction where you can build anything. Starts from 10.30am and each family gets 30 minutes.
- Aquazone Wave Racers: Spin around on a cool water ride. Must be above 8 years old with a min-height of 130cm.
- The Great LEGO® Race: Combines roller coaster thrills with virtual reality (VR) technology to create an exciting adventure. Must be above 6 years old with a minimum height of 130cm.
- Technic Twister®: Legoland’s version of the teacup ride. Must be above 6 years old with a min-height of 120cm.
- LEGO® Mindstorms: Create LEGO® robots in creative workshops.
- LEGO® Academy: Participate in educational workshops and LEGO® building zones.
c) LEGO® City
Boating School; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
Explore a cool city where kids can drive a car, fly, attend boating school, and more! It includes the below attractions.
- Driving School: Young drivers can take the wheel of their very own electric car and make their way safely around LEGO city roads. Must be 6 to 12 years old to take part in Driving School.
- LEGO® City Airport: Kids can ride colorful airplanes and decide how high or low they want to go. Riders below 120cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Legoland Express: A LEGO® train that takes you through the main attractions in the Park.
- LEGO® Frontliners Mural Display: Admire a series of murals paying tribute to the nation’s front liners and made using over 150,000 pieces of LEGO® bricks.
- Boating School: Control battery-powered LEGO® themed boats on calm waters. To ride alone, riders must reach a height of 130cm.
- LEGO® City Stage: Watch your favorite LEGO® characters perform, LIVE! Click here for show dates
- DUPLO® Express: A fun choo choo train for the little ones. Riders must be above 90cm and above 2 years old.
- Junior Driving School: Junior drivers can drive a LEGO® pedal car on an easy-to-drive track.
- Rescue Academy: Work as a family to power a LEGO® fire engine and save a burning building.
- The Shipyard: A marine-inspired outdoor playground.
d) LEGO® Kingdoms
The Dragon; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
Be transported back to medieval times and enter a magnificent castle filled with fun rides. It includes the below attractions.
- Royal Joust: Let your little ones ride on their very own LEGO® horse through a medieval forest. Riders must be between 4 to 12 years old.
- Dragon’s Apprentice: Enjoy the twists and turns of this mini dragon roller coaster. Riders between 105cm-120cm and between 4-6 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Merlin’s Challenge: A mystical carousel powered by a magical wizard. Riders between 100cm-119cm and above 4 years old must ride with an adult.
- The Dragon: A thrilling roller coaster that soars high and travels through the King’s Castle. Riders between 105cm-130cm and between 4-8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Castle Stage: Watch entertaining shows and performances on the royal stage.
- The Forestmen’s Hideout: A forest-themed playground for adventure seekers.
MINILAND KLCC; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
If you love miniature things, you’ll love miniland where you can marvel over miniature versions of Asia’s iconic landmarks. It includes the below attractions.
- MINILAND Brunei
- MINILAND Kampung
- MINILAND Putrajaya
- MINILAND Vietnam
- MINILAND Port Tanjung Pelepas
- MINILAND Cambodia
- MINILAND Thailand
- MINILAND Johor Bahru
- MINILAND Singapore
- MINILAND India
- MINILAND Myanmar
- MINILAND China
- MINILAND Laos
- MINILAND Kuala Lumpur
- MINILAND Pirate
- MINILAND Indonesia
- MINILAND Philippines
Enjoy movies, magic, and music galore with DUPLO®-inspired play zones and sky-rising activities. It includes the below attractions.
- DUPLO® Playtown: An interactive play village for little kids.
- LEGO® Studios: Enjoy cool 4D movies complete with 4D glasses, sound, wind, fog, and lighting effects.
- Kids Power Tower: A fun ride where kids can learn about cooperation and how pulleys work. Riders between 95cm-120cm and between 3-7 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Build & Test: A fun indoor station where kids can build and race their own LEGO® cars.
- Observation Tower: Relax and enjoy a 360 ° degree view of the park here.
g) Land of Adventure
Dino Island; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
Explore the forgotten worlds of Pharaohs and dinosaurs. It includes the below attractions.
- Dino Island: Ride on a log boat that glides past animated LEGO® dinos and ends with a huge splash. Riders between 110cm-130cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Lost Kingdom Adventure: Ride a train to discover the secrets of an ancient temple and go on a laser-blasting hunt for lost treasure. Riders between 80cm-120cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Beetle Bounce: Launch nearly 15 feet into the air on a scarab beetle ride. Riders between 90cm-105cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pharaoh’s Revenge: An indoor playground where your little ones can shoot soft foam balls at targets.
h) LEGO® NINJAGO™ World
A brand new world where your ninja skills will be put to the ultimate test. It includes the below attractions.
- LEGO® NINJAGO™ The Ride: Defeat the Great Devourer on one of the most advanced 4D rides in Asia! Riders between 80cm-120cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cole’s Rock Climb: A fun rock climbing experience for kids.
- Nya’s Practice: A practice area on a screen where you can practice your skills before trying LEGO NINJAGO® The Ride.
- Zane’s Temple Build: Master your LEGO skills by building the NINJAGO® monastery.
- Kai’s Spinner: Discover the art of Spinjitzu here.
Can’t decide on which themed areas to prioritize? We recommend putting LEGO® City, LEGO® Kingdoms, Imagination, and Land of Adventure on the top of your must-visit Legoland attractions list!
Legoland Water Park Rides & Attractions
Red Rush; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
You may need another day to fully explore all the rides at the Legoland Water Park. Below is a list of all the Legoland Water Park rides and attractions.
- Build-A-Boat: A fun boat building and racing game for kids.
- Imagination Station: A fun station with educational activities for the little ones.
- Joker Soaker: A water-based playground filled with interactive play areas.
- DUPLO® Splash Safari: A DUPLO®-inspired water playground with special slides designed for the little ones.
- Brick Blaster: Have fun on a giant tube that sways and slides down tunnels of splashing water. Riders must be 107cm or taller.
- Build-A-Raft River: Build your own LEGO® raft then take it down a river for a relaxing float. Riders under 107cm must be accompanied by an adult.
- Red Rush: A family-friendly tube ride that slides down a 312-feet long curving track. Riders must be 102 cm or taller.
- LEGO® Slide Racers: A thrilling ride that consists of six slides where you can race your friends. Riders must be 107cm taller.
- Splash & Swirl: A slide promising splashes and swirls.
- Twin Chaser: Enjoy double the fun with twin red tubes that send you soaring down 130 feet of splashing thrills and ending in a relaxing wading area. Riders must be 102 cm or taller.
- Tidal Tube: Enjoy a thrilling 240-feet enclosed tube slide. Riders must be 107cm or taller.
- Wave Rider: This 240-feet high open body slide tunnel promises a mix of fun and terror. Riders must be 107cm or taller.
- Splash Out: A fun open body slide with a 60-foot drop. For riders who are 102cm or taller.
Legoland SEA LIFE Aquarium
SEA LIFE Shipwreck; Picture Credit: Legoland Malaysia
The SEA LIFE aquarium will amaze your kids while teaching them to love and care for the ocean.
It features more than 25 display tanks in 11 habitat zones and is home to 13,000 sea creatures from 120 species!
5. Accommodation Near Legoland
Picture Credit: Ramada Meridin Johor
There are many comfortable apartments and hotels near Legoland Malaysia. Check some of them out below.
- Legoland Hotel Johor
The closest place to stay near Legoland is the Legoland Hotel. This unique hotel offers the following perks:
- 10 themed rooms (Pirate, Adventure, Kingdom and more)
- Sleeps up to 5 people per room
- Separate children’s sleeping area
- Offers a complimentary LEGO® gift
- Somerset Medini Iskandar Puteri
This hotel is just a 5-minute walk to the Legoland theme park and has a fitness centre, outdoor swimming pool, shuttle service and an on-site restaurant. It is kid-friendly with many room types and suites available.
- Holi Afiniti Themed Suites
Holi Afiniti offers themed apartment suites and is a 5-minute walk from Legoland. Facilities include airport transfer, shuttle services, a fitness centre, an outdoor pool and cable TV in selected rooms.
- Ramada Meridin Johor Bahru
These apartment suites are also a 5-minute walk from Legoland. They provide a fitness centre, outdoor swimming pool, a kitchen and an on-site restaurant.
- Meridian Executive Suites
This accommodation is close to Legoland and offers perks such as chic interiors, a kitchen, BBQ facilities and a variety of suite types to choose from.
There you have it! The Ultimate Guide to Visiting Legoland Resort Malaysia right at your fingertips. To ensure a pleasant trip for the entire family, don’t forget to check out these affordable road trip-friendly rental cars.